Fedora vs. Ubuntu

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 23:26:10 UTC 2006

I have a computer science class mate who is interested in switching to
Linux, starting small with installing it and dual booting. He fits the
type that should be able to switch easiy: non-hardcore gamer, non
hardcore multimedia.

My question to the list is could you compare and contrast Fedora and
Ubuntu so that I may pass on the information so that he may make a
choice himself?

I have only ever used Fedora (was Redhat 7,8,9 before) so I am unable
to do that. However, Ubuntu seems to be very popular. So I figure that
to be fair, I should present him with my choice, and the aparent
popular choice, with arguement for-against both if possible.

Thank you.

Arthur Pemberton

--
Fedora Core 5 and proud