Bridging and Routing (4 Nic's on one machine)

Samuel Díaz García samueldg at arcoscom.com
Thu Sep 21 07:18:19 UTC 2006

Think in a bridge as a kind of switch. It works at OSI Level 2 (Ethernet)
not at upper levels (IP).

The IP you assign to bridge must be the IP you need to access to the IP
subnet you need to access from the bridge interface.

The first question is: Do you really need a bridge?

If you don't need to connect networks at Ethernet level, you don't need it.

Perhaps I don't stand fine your required configuration, but I can't see
that you really need bridges.

Can you explain a bit more your wanted configuration?

Regards

--
Samuel Díaz García
ArcosCom Wireless, S.L.L.