Fedora vs. Ubuntu

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:14:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 16:43 +0800, Chong Yu Meng wrote:

> There are 2 scenarios for which I would push for Linux in general and
> Fedora in particular: if the friend wants an OS for a server, OR if the
> friend wants an application development environment.

I'd say the real place for fedora is where you want to help find
new bugs and to get experience with what will be next year's stable
versions of things.  These are not bad things and Linux distributions
will suffer if everyone avoids them.  However, they are not things
everyone wants to do on all of their machines and if someone has to
ask for advice they may not want to do them for a while at all.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com