kernel build help?

Jerry Williams jwilliam at xmission.com
Fri Sep 22 17:03:19 UTC 2006

Is their a way to not build the
kernel-devel-2.5.16xxx.rpm and kernel-debug-2.5.xxx.rpm?
I just need the normal kernel-2.6.xxxx.rpm.
I have been using rpmbuild -bb and editing the spec file so I don't get smp
and xen, but not sure if there is something to stop making debug and devel.

And could someone explain the patch order?

There is like:
 patch-2.15.5.bz2
patch-2.6.16-rc4.bz2
patch-2.6.16-git4.bz2
patch-2.6.16-rc5-git6.bz2

I know rc is release candidate and would get applied to previous kernel.
So patch-2.6.16.rc4 would be applied to linux-2.6.15
Just don't know about git and I can't seem to find info about it in FAQ.

Or just point me a FAQ that I may have missed.

Thanks!