Problem Getting Ip from linksys router

Lucas Fraser (archangelj) no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Sat Sep 23 13:24:24 UTC 2006

I have done an ifconfig and it lists my eth0 and eth1 as adapters. It
doesn't matter witch I use but it never picks up an IP from the
router. All I can get is a 169.?.?.? IP.

I did do a route check and I basiclly get what you you listed there
but it doesn't seem to work.

Yes the lights are on and they are communicating. It does blink and
look like it's doing something but nothing seems to happen.

I have watched the light when I try to renew an IP and it seems like
it's trying to get out the wireless to find something. If that
makes any sense at all.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on https://fcp.surfsite.org
https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=113914&topic_id=26388&forum=28#forumpost113914