yum losing it´s flavour?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 02:35:37 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 21:03 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> There is currently no known major problem with yum.
Arthur, you have seem to a grasp of it all things yum, so I'll ask ya,
I can grasp an i386 rpm, meaning it a common denominator 32 bit rpm.
I've not seen i486 rpms, but they surely existed at one point.
It's preferable to use an i586 rpm if you have an i586 processor over
the i386 one, correct? Assuming you have an i586 kernel?
An i686 rpm, is it for 64 bit processors running 32bit? or a prebuilt
rpm for 64 bit?

I have an Athlon64 3200 running 32 bit FC5 (yeah, I'm still chicken) and
I'm seeing a kernel for i686 being yum updated. My updated nvidea
modules was an i586. It no longer works. <grins> Fill me and anyone else
as being merely ignorant, would you please? Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/