fvwm not showing any menus in FC5

Macintyre, Ross A R.A.Macintyre at hw.ac.uk
Mon Sep 25 17:04:12 UTC 2006

Hi I wonder if anyone can help?
I' ve just installed FC5 on a machine for a user that uses fvwm2.
They've got an unusual setup in that they have 2 screens and xorg.conf is configured so that the there are 2 virtual screens, one to the left of the other. This setup has worked before.
It's got a video card supported by nvidia but sorry can't remember the name of it at the moment and I'm not near the machine. lspci says:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Unknown device 0392 (rev a1)

The problem is when the user logs in there is nothing in the menus that usually appear.
Any idea about how I go about debugging something like this?

I can't remember offhand where I downloaded the fvwm rpms from.

Thanks in advance,

Ross Macintyre