A little script help please .... USB Keychain Drives

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Tue Sep 26 16:02:52 UTC 2006

On Tuesday, Sep 26th 2006 at 08:57 -0700, quoth Brian D. McGrew:

=>Can someone who is a little better at scripting than I give me some help
=>here on Fedora Core 3.
=>
=>Using the 2.6.9 kernel I would put in a USB Keychain drive of a CD-ROM
=>and it would automount it without a problem.
=>
=>We upgrade to 2.6.16.16 and this is now broken and thanks to the list,
=>we've narrowed it to the haldaemon but because of production cycles I
=>can't upgrade anything.  I'm stuck with what I've got.
=>
=>Can someone share a script that I can run with a setuid bit to find and
=>mount the CD-ROM _and_ the USB Keychain drive after they're inserted?  I
=>can't see to get anything to work properly.
=>
=>Thanks,
=>
=>:b!
=>
=>Brian D. McGrew { brian at visionpro.com || brian at doubledimension.com }

I removed the posting to the linux kernel group. This is inappropriate for
that list.

You may not have scripts that have the setuid bit set. The kernel will not
honor them.

I don't know the answer to your problem, but I suspect it's in
configuration and nothing to do with hald.

steveo at syslang.net