weird font behavior and numpad died

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:04:58 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 14:57 +0100, Andy Green wrote:
> Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 09:25 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> >> I was doing my usual lean on the keyboard, trying to do something like
> >> typing up a storm and my fingers must have got all excited with whatever
> >> garble I was typing at the moment and slipped and this system popup
> >> announced that I must be impaired somehow ( even the machine knows!)
> >
> > Look into Preferences->Accessibility->Keyboard menu. The option
> > "Enable keyboard accessibility features" is probably set.
>
> For KDE, see the control center app under "Regional and Accessibility",
> probably the section "Accessibility" can help.

Thank both of you again, Gerard and Andy. I went there and didn't see a
click box to just disable the critter and make it go away. So, I got rid
of the kaccessibility rpm and it's devel partner. Stand back and gimmie
the Meat Axe. I'm looking through .kde and do not readily see where
those two could have left their droppings behind.

I have found two files that were named kaccess.eventsrc and kaccessrc
in .kde/share/config. I'm wondering just what would happen if I erased
them too?? Do I flip a coin? Cast runes? Consult the Oracle? Do a Stimpy
and push the Red Button... the shiny one?

Before anyone rants about KDE being off topic, my numpad is dead,
deceased, it's expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late
numpad! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! Its metabolic
processes are of interest only to historians! It's hopped the twig! It's
shuffled off this mortal coil! It's run down the curtain and joined the
choir invisible! This.... is an EX-NUMPAD, apparently killed off by KDE!
So, I postulate that any application that robs hardware of it's
functionality is fair game for Q & A.

                                (pause)
OK, so I robbed http://orangecow.org/pythonet/pet-shop.html
As long as everyone gets the picture is what's important, so I am not
yelled at. Nor did I say Red Hat, nor mention it's distribution,
"shrubberies". Which reminds me of another Monty Python script, but I'll
save that one for later and spare the gentle reader the pain. Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/