Checking download stream speed

D.Terweij | NTG-Support d.terweij at nettuning.net
Mon Apr 2 20:39:32 UTC 2007

From: "Charles Li" <cli168 at yahoo.com>

>> > How can I know whether my modem/router is
>> synchronized at 8Mbps for
>> > download stream?

>> Turn on SNMP if possible in your modem and i have a
>> sollution.
>>
>> I just asked it myself too and got a sollution. See
>> my webpage (dutch) on:
>> http://www.p-s.nl/ and click menu ADSL Line Sync.

> Sorry to jump in.  How do you turn on SNMP on the
> modem?  Thanks.

Depends on the branche and model. I have Alcatel Thomson 510iV4 , almost all
Alcatatel Thomson modems has SNMP functions but disabled by default.
Entering into the telnet interface and put some commands that can be fount
in the CLI manual from the ADSL Modem.
I guess if another brand, look into manuals and/or google on it. I am sure
you will find a answer.

Danny Terweij.