missing xorgcfg

Frode Petersen fropeter at online.no
Tue Apr 3 10:00:39 UTC 2007

Tim skrev:
> On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 00:33 +0200, Frode Petersen wrote:
>> Btw, have anyone else got a xorg.conf with no entries in sections
>> 'files' and 'modules'?
>
> I don't even have those sections.  Defaults are presumed without them.

This makes me a bit confused. Are all the entries that used to go here
assumed to be default settings, or are they dropped for different
technologies?

It might be that I have an outdated model of X in my mind; is there a
short overview somewhere of how the different parts of X connect to make
a working environment?

I know of different parts of modern X, like cairo, dri and xft, but
right now they are in my mind more like a box of loose Lego pieces than
a model pieced together. I kind of lack the mental map of the X system.

Regards,
Frode