missing xorgcfg

Styma, Robert E (Robert) stymar at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Apr 3 22:06:59 UTC 2007

> Is the procedure the same as "in the old days" or has it too
> changed? I
> think I did that years ago, and info shouldn't be to hard to find.

I hit this problem when I converted FC4->FC6.  There was no
place to add the "Module vnc" directive.
Since it was the same physical machine, I figured it would look
close to the Modules section from the FC4 machine.
I walked through /var/log/Xorg.0.log and saw where it was loading
the modules and compared it to the list from the FC4 machine.
In my case it loaded one or two that were not in my FC4 list but
did get all the ones in the FC4 modules list.  I placed the
modules section from FC4 into the FC6 Xorg.conf file
and restarted the server. It worked.  Inspection of the new
Xorg.0.log showed the modules from before being added, plus
my VNC module.

I qualify this procedure by saying VNC to display the :0
display is less robust on FC6.  I don't know if this is
a function of VNC, FC6, or loading the modules the way I did.

Bob Styma