smart gone wild

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 06:30:40 UTC 2007

On 4/3/07, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> smart keeps trying to update packages from atrpms when the fedora repos
> would do just fine, and atrpms seems to be down. I'm trying to beat
> smart like a white mouth mule into NOT using atrpms so I can finish up a
> half baked update. I've unchecked it, set it to priority -3 and it still
> goes there like a dog to it's vomit trying to update the open office
> packages from atrpms and freezes up. (Biblically speaking here)
>
> It's making me nuts. I don't even see the openoffice packages there, yet
> this damn thing insists on using the site. What gives? Is there a shiny
> red button to push? I know "red" isn't a good color to push, but I'm at
> that stage. This is maddening and I'm about half crazed anyway. Ric

Get help on smart:

"smart --help"
"smart channel --help"

>From command line:

1. Turn off/disable atrmps: "smart channel --disable atrmps"
2. Clean out the cache of un-installed packages: "smart clean"
3. Update package availability:  "smart update"
4. Upgrade installed packages: "smart upgrade"

 or use the gui: "smart --gui"