smart gone wild

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 03:39:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 12:21 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
> On 4/4/07, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 12:36 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> >
> > > Could it be that you have both fedora redhat and atrpm fedora
> > > mirror sites configured in channels? That would certainly cause
> > > you some grief.
> >
> > It would be SWELL if smart could shift gears and not be so single minded
> > about the mirror to use. If one goes down, switch to one that is up,
> > like yum does. smart is the best thing to come down the pike and beats
> > the socks off of yum in many areas, but it does lack some hard learned
> > lessons that yum has evolved to incorporate. If yum and smart evolved
> > towards each other, that would be a match made in Heaven. Ric
> >

> I use multiple repositories/mirrors for base and updates. Smart does
> not get hung when one goes down. You must have a peculiar
> configuration.

It's the one I got from Claude. <chuckles> Maybe I've mis-config'd
something.

Damn, we've got this huge chocolate lab male who is lying at the foot of
my bed and he just cut one, not more than two feet away. Ewwwwwwwww.
Nasty. <wrinkles nose> and <exits stage left> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net