Gnome - Terminal Maximise Problem

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun Apr 8 14:46:18 UTC 2007

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007, Tim wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 12:19 +1000, Tony Crouch wrote:
>> For the last few weeks I have had an abormal problem with my
>> gnome-terminal windows. The version I am running is:
>>
>> gnome-terminal-2.16.0-2.fc6
>>
>> When I load the terminal by going "Applications --> Accessories -->
>> Terminal". The window loads in the non-maximised mode (i.e. it does
>> NOT take up all of the screen ... I am sure there is a technical word
>> to explain this phenomenon :P  ).
>
> "unmaximised"  ;-)
>
> I have the same version, and don't have the problem you mentioned.  So
> I'm guessing it's not the package just by itself.

I've discovered it is not consistent, and I haven't been able to figure
out a consistent way to reproduce it.  It may be that in some
circumstances there is simply a (variable) delay after typing in the
maximized window.  More experimenting seems in order.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu