Desktop Sessions

Dan Track dan.track at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:59:34 UTC 2007

On 4/10/07, lostson <lostson at lostsonsvault.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 April 2007 6:39:22 am Dan Track wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Could some one please help me with installing a new desktop e.g
> > xfce4.4, icewm and enlightenment. My focus is on adding the above
> > desktops to GDM and getting an option on the menu list. Can someone
> > help me with this please?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Dan
>
>  Well you can install xfce 4.4 through pirut just check  it and hit apply as
> far as enligtement is concernned you need to download the rpms from here
>
>  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2
>
>  and download the rpms and install them manually. Enlightenment will show up
> in gdm/kdm so will xfce.

Hi

Thanks for that. Sadly I spent hours building these desktops only to
realise in the end that rpm's are available (slap on the head). I
don't really want to see my hard work go down the drain so it would be
good if I could add the entry's in for gdm and X that would look in my
location i.e /opt/local/bin.

Previously I had to add desktop entry in /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions, but
that directory doesn't exist on my box. What the modern alternative?

Thanks
Dan