[Fedora] Re: CIFS mounting

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Apr 10 13:42:42 UTC 2007

Peter Gordon wrote:
> Just add the user/passwd fields as options, like you would noexec or
> umask or similar:
>
> //server1/OData   /mnt/server1/OData   cifs   user=foo,passwd=bar   0 0
>
> (The fsck/dump options are both set to 0 since the server's OS would be
> responsible for the raw filesystem maintenance.)

    Thanks Peter.  Looks like I have two options here, either putting
the username and passwd in fstab, or in a credentials file as suggested
by Akemi in a different response.  Now for another question: how do I
check whether the mounts are still active and haven't gone stale (prior
to copying files to them)?

    This is all happening on a private network and there's the
possibility of the remote server getting rebooted at times.  I need some
failsafe way of checking those mounts.

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6