[Fedora] Re: RAID-1 Question

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Apr 10 19:52:37 UTC 2007

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>    Well, as I'm looking at this, I started a RAID-1 build about an
> hour ago (using the built-in raid controller) and it's at 31%, still
> building.  The drives are 500 GiB SATA drives.  When adding drives
> later, am I correct in assuming it's going to take just as long to
> build again?
    FYI, I'm approaching the 4th hour and it's still only at 84%.  Does
anyone on the list have experience with SuperMicro boards taking this
long to build a RAID-1 array?  I just called my vendor and they too said
it takes a long time.  To me this is ridiculous, but maybe that's really
the way it is.  So...anyone?

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6