[OT][FC5][Samba] Share Hiding Feature

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 08:15:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am currently using FC5 and sharing some directory from it through
Samba. The new feature I found in FC5 Samba is that you can hide the
share (invisible) so that only who knows the absolute location will be
able to access it. This is the great feature in some situation (thanks
for this to samba team) which was not there before FC5.
I am just wondering if there is similar thing I can do with windows
(XP) shared folders. Do I need to tweak the registries or a simple way
to do that? By default when I share the folder from  windows machines,
it is visible to all other windows in network.

It this the undocumented feature of LAN manager?

Just wondering

Thanks