A better, faster desktop search for Linux!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 11 13:06:11 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 13:57 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>> I just saw this and this looks like fabulous project - better that beagle!
>> http://digg.com/linux_unix/A_better_faster_desktop_search_for_Linux
>>
>> I love beagle, but not the memory footprint it uses and updates for
>> mono used to break beagle, and vice-versa. I hope that "tracker" gets
>> in Fedora 7 - and FAST.
>>
>> There is a fedora package so get it while it's hot! :)
>>
> Hane you tried gnome-search-tool

Those are not very comparable. gnome-search-tool is a front end to
things like find and slocate. Beagle and Tracker and desktop search
engines that can search metadata in files, documents, music, images,
chat conversations, email etc.

http://beagle-project.org/Main_Page

http://www.gnome.org/projects/tracker/

Rahul