Fedora/RH policies sometimes suck

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:58:54 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Peter Gordon <peter at thecodergeek.com> wrote:
> (Also, please don't link to Livna directly. According to what I understand
> from RH's legal team, doing so - even without explaining how to get the
> packages - may constitute abetting or contributing to related patent
> infringment.)

Fair enough ... I should have warned US citizens to close their eyes,
plug their ears and shout "LA LA LA LA ..." while I (a non-US citizen,
non-Redhat employee, not associated with the Fedora project in any
way) mentioned a useful resource to those non-US citizens not yet
affected by crazy US Intellectual Monopoly laws.

Maybe Google should be warned too:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fedora+repository+patented+packages

/Mike