php / gd question (simple, I suspect)

Don Russell fedora at drussell.dnsalias.com
Thu Apr 12 16:54:22 UTC 2007

I have both php and gd installed on my fc6 box.
$ rpm -q php
php-5.1.6-3.4.fc6
$ rpm -q gd
gd-2.0.33-10.fc6

But when I try to use the graphics functions in php, I get error
messages saying the functions are not available.

Well, lo and behold, phpinfo tells me it was built without gd support.
DOH! Why not? I don't have the answer to that.

Unless, perhaps php was installed before gd so php couldn't find the
things to needed for gd so it omitted it.

Bottom line: What are my options for getting gd support into php?

Can I remove php and then reinstall it and it will then know gd IS
available?

Thank you,
Don Russell