gmail blown up

Rickey Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 19:27:08 UTC 2007

On 4/12/07, Michael Wiktowy <michael.wiktowy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/12/07, Gilboa Davara <gilboad at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 11:19 -0400, Rickey Moore wrote:
> > > Before you do what I did and battle with my email client (Evolution)
> > > Gmail is the source of the problem. It's been down since noon
> > > yesterday. Ric

> > What kind of problems?
> > My gmail/evo works just fine. (... and much as evo works just fine...)

> The POP3 access seems to be down. At least it was for me last night.
> Webmail worked fine though.

There's a slew of disgruntled gmail users that got knocked out
somehow.  I can now send, but not retrieve.  The crowd is getting
pretty ugly about it in the gmail help topics forum. Of course, your's
truly stirs the port occasionally.  I thought it was on my end,
downgraded evolution, lost all of my mail folders and contents in the
process, beat myself up for awhile, re-installed, all to no avail.
THEN I thought to check gmail on the website and found all of the rest
of the lost souls.

We're huddled around the campfire built inside a busted TV, just like
in "Terminator". Refugees from a very technological world that is a
great place to live, until something basic like email blows up. At
least it knows no discrimination with regards to race, creed or OS.
Mac, Windows, Linux users of various types are all affected.  I find
some measure of comfort in that. :) Ric

<no tag line either>