VERY BIG DEVICE Error with FC7 TEST 3

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Thu Apr 12 23:47:54 UTC 2007

I trying to determine whether I should file a bug report on this.  I
have a 3ware 9650-12 controller with 12 320G drives.

I defined one large raid array of ~3TB.  I then installed FC7 Test 3 with
a 2GB SWAP, 200MB BOOT, and the remainder "/" (which would be approx
2.7TB).  Install went uneventfully but when the system booted I
received a kernel panic.  I then used the default LVM configuration,
but made the "/" drive 30GB.  The system booted fine, but I am now
receiving in the startup log:
"...very big device. try to use READ CAPACITY(16) and write cache:
enabled, read cache: disabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA errors."

Has anyone else encountered this problem?