network bug or feature in FC6 installer

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Apr 14 15:46:49 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 17:22:15 -0700,
  Rick Stevens <rstevens at internap.com> wrote:

> I've never gotten any FC7 test releases to install at all.  They've all
> crapped out on the disk controller, but that may be me...I've always
> been in a rush to do it.

There is definitely a problem for highpoint controllers, but it is almost
fixed now. The problem is that it is had to tell which driver needs to
be used based on the device id. Fortunately for me, kudzu flipped back to
picking the right device for my controller (causing problems for other
people instead). The solution is to load several drivers and then have the
kernel choose the correct one.