Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

Arne Chr. Jorgensen achrisjo at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 08:38:45 UTC 2007

Hi,

( note: this message may have occured earlier, while
I have not seen it on the list )

I hope to be excused as it was very complicated to
figure out the Fedora jungle of where to ask og
suggest anything.

Microsoft:

When it crashes, you insert the software CD, and
somehow you will get
going again.

Fedora&RedHat:

When it crashes, you insert the software CD, but
instead of
the situation above, most of your work is lost !

                     -------------------

True/False ?

I suggest that the installation WILL have an OPTION
for installing the
X-server. It can be on the rescue disk, for instance.

                 ------------------

If anyone has a good tip as how to reinstall X in
Fedora6,
I sure would like to know and hopefully rescue my
disk.
But frankly, I don't understand why such an option
isn't
there in the first place.

//ARNE

BTW - it was the Add/Remove software packaged that
failed, it should only remove some graphical package,
but surprisingly removed the X-server as well.
( did look like it rolled back the depencies.. )