Cannot open mms/rstp streams in Mplayer

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Apr 17 13:36:20 UTC 2007

On Tue April 17 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> WMV files play fine in mplayer, the wife's friends mail them to us all
> the time! I disabled IPv6, restarted, and temporarily disabled the
> Fedora firewall with the system-config-network tool. I still cannot
> connect:

In the past few days, mplayerplug-in had stopped working on my two principal
machines; preliminary diagnosis yielded the same results as you. I doubt the
firewall explanation because up to a few days ago, this was working well.
Something in recent updates has caused this, but, I haven't had time to track
it down.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA