B.O.'s script help maybe? Was: (no subject)

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Tue Apr 17 15:52:09 UTC 2007

I have no idea what you're trying to say. I suspect your english isn't
quite that good but taking 4 whole seconds to compose your message is not
excuse.

Please use the subject line in the future. It's the difference between
whether someone is even going to read your message or not.

On Tuesday, Apr 17th 2007 at 17:40 +0200, quoth Beau BOB:

=>Hi all,

So far so good. You recognize that you're addressing a group of people.

=>I have script that will be running each 30 min running on many Redhat
=>server to memory usage, and send the result if grand than for example 4
=>Gigabits, to a Syslog server.

I just lost you boy. You have a script. It wants to run every 30 minutes.
It runs on RH servers. It's going to do something regarding memory usage.
It will send some results if something is wonderful or peachy or marvypoo,
to syslog.

=>how can I do that?

I dunno. Maybe you should start by reading the manpages for syslog.

Also, please read this:

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

=>thanks for your help

Yer welcome