[Fedora] Re: Failover setup

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Apr 17 17:58:16 UTC 2007

    What happens if/when the LVS goes down?  Connections that are
supposed to go through it are (once again) dead?  No, I'm not trying to
figure out every single possible point of failure here, I'm just trying
to figure out what happens when something that acts as a controller for
many happens to go >poof< ...

    See, our biggest problem here is that we have several public servers
at three different locations, and we ned to be able to get to those
machines from here.  If our firewall here goes down, we can't get
anywhere, let alone to our remote offices.  So in a sense, that firewall
is our single point of failure (if I look past the CSU/DSU.)  So I'm
looking at ways to "fix" or aliviate this part of our operation...

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6