Fedora 6 strange hangs

Al Graziano al.graziano at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:48:23 UTC 2007

In perfect Murphy's law style.. I'm now monitoring CPU usage from
another machine sshed into mine and nothing is happening. I was anyway
using the top command before but only after I was experiencing the slow
down but didn't see anything suspicious. Let's wait and see.

Could anyone point out how to identify the events that make my system to
beep occasionally. It is annoying for one thing! And for the other it
may be trying to alert me of something but I don't know what

Thanks
Al