Developing for KDE 4, using KDE 3

dexter ddmbox2 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 19:47:14 UTC 2007

On Wed April 18 2007 17:00:24 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I need to develop some KDE GUI apps for my own personal use in Python,
> but I see that most of the documentation is for KDE 4:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials
>
> As I plan on moving to KDE 4 later this year when it becomes
> available, the tutorials are relevant for me. Can I install KDE 4 in
> such a way that I can develop using the material in these tutorials,
> yet continue using KDE 3 in my daily work? How would one do this?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dotan Cohen

...erm I think some exist at one of the kde-redhat repos I'd start looking
there first for 'bleeding edge' KDE stuff in Fedora & not down official lines
as these in my opinion are lacking vision & manpower and it aint any better in
rawhide so no change anytime soon :-(

<observe>
Redhat/Fedora = lots of upstream Gnome folks
</observe>

...dex