Saving more than two kernels

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu Apr 19 16:18:03 UTC 2007

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

> Yes, I have.  Sometimes, the support modules for the new kernel are net
> yet available, and if I'm testing the previously new kernel, and it
> fails for me after installing the newest one, I need to go back to the
> previous one which actually worked.

You may want to install something like the fedorakmod extension, so
that you are not offered the new kernel until the modules you need
are available. Also, if you have booted to an older version of hte
kernel, have newer versions of the kernel installed, and update the
kernel, the oldest of the newer versions will be removed, and not
the running kernel.

Mikkel