Help disentaggleng clamav-milter milter.conf instructions ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Apr 19 22:44:29 UTC 2007

Hi;

I have been chasing this around for most of the day.

I am user: bill on a home desktop system that may connect to another
Linux box sometime in the near but indefinite future.

I keep getting an error at startup that "user clamilt does not exist",
even after I have configured user as  'bill' or 'root'.

Milter.conf says:

# Run as a selected user (clamd must be started by root).
# Default: disabled
#User clamilt

What does it mean?

Should the user be enabled or disabled ?
Who is the selected user? root or bill or clamilt?
If the user should be clamilt, do I have to create a user?

--
Regards Bill