Time Lapse with a Webcam

Tony pthagonal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 20:15:27 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Thom Paine <painethom at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I have my webcam working on FC6. It is one of the X10 ones
> using the VA11A usb ones.
>
> Is there something I can try taking a capture with this this cam? I
> see it detecting in /var/log/messages, but I'm not sure how to take a
> picture with it or activate it.

I'm on CentOS these days not FC but similar enough to be worth an
answer. I use quickcam PRO 4000 webcams which use the pwc kernel
driver with no messing around. For capturing I used to use a program
simply called webcam that was part of xawtv, but now I use camE
instead. Handily camE is packaged by Dag Wieers for FC for you (and I
use his el4 version, thanks Dag!):

http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/camE/

Cheers,

A.D.