any chance of a F7 spin using xfce?

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 02:00:41 UTC 2007

--- Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Tim wrote:
> >
> > Servers and CLI only users aren't the same thing.
>
> If you have a GUI running then I cant really call you a CLI only user.

I am in the middle. I am a CLI user, and I run a window manager. not a DE.
But I am forced to have gnome on, hence it would benefit if I could get some
low resource DE such as xfce. xubuntu is really fast, but I am sticking to FC
for now since i have a good handle on it. Of course, hoping that things will
change (forlorn hope, maybe).

With due respect, you should offer a spin on a lightweight DE: not necessarily
XFCE but that has now matured sufficiently to be reasonably comparable with
gnome. People who use linux either care about efficiency and/or have
low-resource machines.

Best,
trotter