[FC6] [Samba] Unable to access without logon

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 10:15:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying to share the folder through Samba (version 3.0.24-4) to
everybody from my recent FC6 installation but everytime I try to
access it from windows machine, login dialog prompts. what's wrong?
Same setting works in FC5.

My SELinux Policy
==============
Samba checked as trusted service (Firewall option)
Samba (Checked option under SELinux)
  Allow Samba to share users home directories
  Disable SELinux protection for nmbd daemon
  Disable SELinux protection for smbd daemon
  Disable SELinux protection for winbind daemon

My smb.conf Share
===============
[MP3]
        path = /mnt/DATA/MP3
;       writeable = no
        browseable = yes
        guest ok = yes

Samba security is in user mode

Is there something else i have to do? I was expecting that I can
instantly browse the share from windows machine but it ask for
username and password. I can access the sahre only after I login.

I have tried rebooting and restarting the servies thinking that the
conf is not in effect but got the same result.

Any advice is highly appreciated

Thanks in advance