Can't recognize Ext2 CDs

Doncho N. Gunchev gunchev at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 08:08:40 UTC 2007

On Sunday 2007-04-15 14:09:14 Deboo ^ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a couple of CDs which were written on a linux machine a few
> months or an year ago.
>
> I wish to access them and copy the reqd. data on another CDs but am
> unable to do so. Is it possible somehow to access the ext2 partition
> CDs on Windows?

google: ext2 windows + I'm feeling lucky: http://www.fs-driver.org/
It provides Windows NT4.0/2000/XP/2003 with full access to Linux Ext2 volumes
(read access and write access). This may be useful if you have installed both
Windows and Linux as a dual boot environment on your computer.

> I tried using some tools that read ext2 partitions in windows but they
> can't recognize the CDs since windows doesn't recognize them.
>
> I'm able to see the CDs fine when booting using the dsl linux. But the
> problem is the PC isn't mine where I am so I can't copy these to the
> hard disk as the hdd partitions are NTFS.

If the previous does not work, you can still use knoppix / fedora live cd and
ntfs-3g-1.417-1.fc6, but you need 1G ram to load knoppix to ram or 2 CDs...

--
Regards,
  Doncho