Capture OOPS

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sun Apr 22 17:31:11 UTC 2007

Ashley M. Kirchner writes:

>     Seems I've asked this before, but I'll be darned if I can find the
> answer somewhere in my archives.  I need to capture a kernel OOPS
> somehow.

Connect this server's serial port to another machine's serial port through a
null modem adaptor.  On the second machine run minicom, set the port
speed to 57,600, and start the capture log:

Boot the first machine with two extra kernel boot parameters:

console=ttyS0,57600 console=tty0

The second machine should begin capturing console messages as soon as the
first one begins booting.