core 6 issues

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 24 15:13:17 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 23:17 -0700, JJ JJ wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'd like to ask you a couple of things regarding my core 6 install.
> How do I shut it down? I mean, completely power off?
> Rebooting is not a problem, but when I choose shutdown, it stops everything,
> and then says "system halted" and that's it. I believe it even puts to sleep
> the hard drive, but the computer is still on.
> What should I do?
> The second one is about VmWare, during the install it can't find the kernel
> c headers, and I ^ and older hardware.
1. Check that ACPI is on in your BIOS
2. check that the init.d script acpid is running
3. after boot do a grep on dmesg for lines with ACPI or acpi. In my case
it told me to add the kernel parameter lacpi to the kernel line in
grub.conf and that worked. YMMV

By the way poweroff is not the answer
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>