Xine-lib=1.1.5 dependency -- now what do I do ??

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 03:22:42 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 13:54 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi Ric;
>
> On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 13:16 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 00:50 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > > By the way is yumex ever going to produce a help manual?
>
> > Bill, I highly recommend smart. You get a nice gui that shows every rpm
> > out there with a nice search function. If you search for Xine, you'll
> > see what is available and the ones you currently have installed. Really
> > nice. IMHO it's beats the pants off of yumex. Give it a whirl! Ric
>
> Thanks Ric.  I had planned to give 'smart' a whirl when I install Fedora
> 7.  Not that the version/core number matters; its just that I have so
> many small and large learning curves over the next 6 weeks that I have
> given myself to climb.  A new install of fedora seemed like a good
> benchmark to add new applications to try out.
>
> By the way, does 'smart' have a good manual.  'man' yum and yumex
> --no-help, are pretty rudimentary if you want to go deeper than just
> trial and error.

What I liked about smart is that if you prod it a little and dink around
with it, it all comes perfectly clear how to use it! THAT is what I like
in an app, that you can wave hands hovery hovery and it comes to life
and does cool stuff. I had a couple of questions and got them resolved
on the list, so I've never peeked at the docs... and I'm a complete
idiot. :) Ric