How to setup a print server using SAMBA.

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sat Apr 28 00:42:42 UTC 2007

Kam Leo wrote:
> On 4/26/07, linuxmaillists at charter.net <linuxmaillists at charter.net> wrote:
>> Kevin Gutch wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Could someone point me to a good reference for setting
>> > up a Network Printer on Fedora? I want to use Samba as
>> > a print server.
>>
>> Can't you just use this?
>>
>> http://your_domain:631/printers/printer_name
>
> Enter "fedora samba print server" into Google search.

Kam,
	*GREAT* piece of advice!  Looking at a couple of the pages that came up
I found out that my Fedora CUPS configuration had commented out the
stuff for "raw" printing support in mime.convs and mime.types.  When I
uncommented them and "reload"ed cups, I can now print from my Windows
machines!  Who'd've thought it!  I have no idea if Fedora ships this
way, or if this is a holdover of years and years of upgrading my
RedHat/Fedora.  Why couldn't I find this stuff when I went looking for
it earlier this month!  THANKS!

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com