Can't update openoffice.org-core

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Sun Apr 29 21:05:56 UTC 2007

Hello,

I keep a local mirror of Fedora Core 6 updates, and point my home PCs to
use the local mirror.  It's worked without fail for many months.

Recently, an openoffice update was released, but whenever I try to
update my two FC6 computers, I get this error:

(1/1): openoffice.org-cor 100% |=========================|  88 MB
00:09
http://10.19.75.200/mirror/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386/openoffice.org-core-2.0.4-5.5.22.i386.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
Trying other mirror.

Error Downloading Packages:
  openoffice.org-core - 1:2.0.4-5.5.22.i386: failure:
openoffice.org-core-2.0.4-5.5.22.i386.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No
more mirrors to try.

The "other mirror" error makes sense because the repo file only has the
URL for the local mirror, so yum can't find any others.  That's fine by
me.  It's the damn "[Errno -1] Package does not match intended download"
that I don't understand.

I've tried the following on the computers that are doing the update:

yum clean all
yum clean packages
yum clean metadata
yum clean headers

I've tried rsynching the local mirror to the remote rsync server.  I've
even deleted the entire updates folder, and rsynched it to a different
Fedora Core mirror.  But, I keep getting the error.

I just installed Fedora Core 6 on a second laptop.  I've done nothing to
it yet except install the distro and create one user.  yum on that
laptop spits out the same error.

I don't know what's wrong.  I also haven't seen anyone complain about
this on the list, so I'm assuming it's a problem unique to my little
home network.

Here's the script I use to update the local repo (run
in /etc/cron.daily):

# Fedora Core 6
rsync -aHP --exclude=debug --exclude=repodata --exclude=*langpack* \
        --exclude=kde-i18n* --exclude=m17n-db* --delete \
        --delete-excluded
fedora.cs.wisc.edu::fedora-linux-core/updates/6/i386/ \
        /srv/intranet/iso-images/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386

createrepo -q
-c /var/www/localrepo-cache/fedora/6 /srv/intranet/iso-images/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386/

Does anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ranbir
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu