Xine-lib=1.1.5 dependency -- now what do I do ??

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 22:28:11 UTC 2007

on 04/26/2007 11:40 PM Kam Leo wrote:
> On 4/25/07, William Case <billlinux at rogers.com> wrote:
>> Hi Ric;

>>> Bill, I highly recommend smart. You get a nice gui that shows
>>> every rpm out there with a nice search function. If you search
>>> for Xine, you'll see what is available and the ones you currently
>>> have installed. Really nice. IMHO it's beats the pants off of
>>> yumex. Give it a whirl! Ric
>> Thanks Ric.  I had planned to give 'smart' a whirl when I install
>> Fedora 7.  Not that the version/core number matters; its just that
>> I have so many small and large learning curves over the next 6
>> weeks that I have given myself to climb.  A new install of fedora
>> seemed like a good benchmark to add new applications to try out.
>>
>> By the way, does 'smart' have a good manual.  'man' yum and yumex
>> --no-help, are pretty rudimentary if you want to go deeper than
>> just trial and error.
>
> Unfortunately, the documentation is a work in progress.

It seems to be in progress quite for a while now. I'm using smart for
more almost two years now and I agree with Reek Moore, that I'm stuck
with it only thanks to its comprehensive and user-friendly interface,
otherwise I would give up pretty soon.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./