Dept of Utterly Useless Error Messages

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 30 18:16:52 UTC 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:

> My favorite came from an old AT&T SysVr3 box.  It was:
> "Error: should not happen".

I believe the standard wording was

"Error: cannot happen"

That is standard wording for "I have a switch/chase/multiple selection
statement, and all legal values of the selection argument are accounted
for, but for completenes and so the program will do something realistic
in all situations, I included a default case which displays this
message, and takes some appropriate action."

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.