F7: What or who is changing my PCM volume?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Aug 1 23:12:13 UTC 2007

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 00:19:25 +0530
"Vivek J. Patankar" <list307 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Surprisingly this hasn't been discussed on the list as often as certain
> other issues. This makes me wonder if this happens with only a few users
> and not everyone.

Well, considering many of the other linux surprises, I
just assumed this was something that someone thought was a feature
rather than a bug, so I didn't bother to ask about it :-).

I was contemplating putting some explicit amixer calls in my
login scripts, but having seen this thread, I've just added
/sbin/salsa -l (an earlier message said -r, but it is -l on
my system) to rc.local and I'll see how it goes.