scrambled panel & x-session loss: another update

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Aug 1 03:45:54 UTC 2007

charles f. zeitler wrote:
> :

>> looking at the log for 'rpm -V' this pops up:
>>
>> S.?.....   /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2
>>
>> from package mesa-libGL
>>
>> will try re-installing this bugger & test.
>>
> mesa-libGL is re-installed. will now start konqueror & begin testing.
>
> charles zeitler

You might have found the culprit. NVidia binary installer used to be a
major source of frustration that the X maintainers used to encounter and
what the repository versions try to overcome by installing the elements
for the NVidia driver in different locations.

I hope the test is positive for a working system.

Jim