Back Again

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Aug 1 08:54:58 UTC 2007

>     I am back from running Umbutu which failed to live up to it's press
> releases. It does have all my wanted applications and apt-get install
> works faster than yum install. I guess there storage computer is closer.
>
>     The major problem is X Windows. I tried several ways to focus the
> screen but nothing worked. And it was too bright. Also I was able to get
> the VLC media player but no way to get the codex lib so it worked. Also
> it takes over the computer.
>
>     So back to F7 and while some things do not work perhaps in a while
> they will. At least the screen looks real nice.

I think this was actually Karl's most interesting post to date.  I would
far rather read Karl's reports than posts telling other people to shut up.

It's perhaps easy to imagine one is representative of the people on the
list, when in fact there is a huge spread in age, background, culture,
geography and experience level.  The only thing we presumably have in
common is that we are interested to keep using Fedora in a good way, if
a post goes towards or touches on that let's be tolerant despite it
might not be something you would have written yourself.

After all despite not having control over what others write, all of us
have full control over what we choose to read, and people that are
troubled can find a full solution there.

-Andy