Re: The case against LVM

On Tuesday July 31 2007, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> > Definitely an asset when connected to a SAN.
>
> Why, as a matter of interest?

I'm sorry, I thought you wanted cases presented in favour of LVM.

It has it's place where it's use is appropriate and I use it on my machines
that are connected to my SAN.  It is sometimes easier to use some of the LVM
utilities to manage LUNs presented to a linux box than the SAN especially
when resizing a LUN.