F 7: HP LaserJet 4000N stopped working for me via parallel port...

Hello all,

I have an HP LJ 4000N hooked up to my machine via an old parallel
port. A few days ago, this stopped working. I suspected that a kernel or udev problem was the cause. I went to system-config-printer and deleted the printer; then, I attempted to bring it back. Isee several printers on our building network, but no options for parallel. Is there something else I should be choosing in the setup menus to make it work? For the Device URI, I have tried Socket://:9100, serial ports 1-3 (incase it got confused)...and several others. I give up. Any ideas?