Re: New Kernel still bad

Andy Green wrote:

	So what I have is a cheap thing about the size of a floppy
drive at the front panel which plugs into one of the two USB things
on the mother board. It has 5 slots for various memeory sticks from
camera and cell phone and other things. With this kernel (41) the 5
slots work but the one USB on this devise does not work.

So - what you really have is an external universal media reader.
Is that type of device covered within the supported hardware?

I have seen boxes with a 5 1/4" bay set of flash media sockets *and* a
usb socket on the same panel.

Earlier in the thread he mentioned he gets his device recognized by
usb-storage and allocated a device node /dev/sdg1, so there is no
fundamental problem.  It makes perfect sense it's an issue local to udev.

-Andy

Also I just tested and Skype will not work using either the 33 or 41 kernels. I am trying to get back to the old kernel now!

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User